Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Welcome to Bolivia

Trevor and I have been off our bicycles for several days enjoying some rest and allowing Trevor´s abrasions to heal. That doesn´t mean, however, that we haven´t been traveling.
We have had a sobering introduction to the nature of Bolivia´s system of roads by way of our bus travels from the border to the city of Potosi, and then to Uyuni, from which we´ll begin bicycling again.
After traveling a little more and doing some intensive route planning, we´ve decided not to go up to Peru after all. We just don´t really have the time for it in this trip, and there´s plenty to enjoy in volcanic northern-Chile.

Oh yes, and here are some wonderful pictures from the last stretch of our trip.
Jujuy Argentina


It´s interesting how the end of the trip doesn´t seem easier than the beginning. It is, in many ways, I suppose, but the reality that my relationships with God and Trev and friends and family are so much more important than this particular journey is...right in my face. While Trev and I have gotten a lot closer during this trip, it still seems...I don´t know. I´m stopping and starting and generally wandering around my mind not sure of what I want to say or how to say it.

I guess the bottom line is, please keep praying for us, that we might finish well and continue to learn to love eachother more.

Thank you!
William and Trevor

Also, thank you for your comments! We found some antiseptic cream, and along with rest days, Trev´s almost completely healed up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dear friends! We are so excited for your return. Enjoy your last few weeks there in that amazingly beautiful place.

We miss you and are waiting for you...

David said...

Hey guys,

I met you for the second time in the market of Uyuni just before you went off into the Salar, first time being just outside Calafate. Hope you made it Ok and best of luck up here in the cold.

David (andean-spine.blogspot.com)