Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Tucuman Birthday

Not knowing what to expect in an Argentine celebration. I awoke uncertain on my birthday. The night before, Paster Aguirres told me I would learn, how we celebrate birthdays. This comment sent my mind spinning with crazy unsertanty about the day. In Argentine Weddings the groom is egged and feathered and paraded around town in his birthday suite. I got to see this first hand and almost interfered for him until someone told me they were his friends... But, when I arrived downstairs and found two dozen donuts, Facturas as they call them, to my name, my mind was at ease. I knew this was going to be a good day. Oh...and it was glorious. We finished the donuts and later played video games and drank beer in coke together. Hey! don't judge, the coke gave it some badly needed flavor. The gloriously burned CDs for the Playstation were crappy but we made the best of it. Then we watched movies until the party started at a early 10pm. Totally for getting about our massages...Aaaaaaaah, oh well. Really I felt loved the whole day...I don't even speak Spanish and everyone was at my party. Hats, balloons, crazy Spanish dance music, Meat, Empenatas, pizza, Wine and coke together... the list goes on! Really, if I couldn't spend my birthday with my family back home this is were I wanted to be, with my family here. Who cares whether we can't understand each other, words are a secondary and almost unnecessary line of communication, really. Ok, maybe not, But, I felt like a King all day. A king that gets egged and floured and his hair straightened. Thank you Fer, Will, Aguirres Family and Abuala Clerita por el todo feliz! Grasias, I will never forget my twenty eighth cumpianos.

Here are some photos from the day for you to enjoy!
Happy Birthday, Trevor!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Happy Birthday!!!

Mine is also this weekend (10th)so we're celebrating together
!


ps.... erica is hott - brian

Trevor said...

Hey hey, Happy Birthday, Erica!