Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Newport, OR: The Unexpected

We have encountered the unexpected many times during our first week of travel. An extra day to re-pack, a visit to the ER, closed yet welcoming campgrounds, and, quite simply, the incredible difficulty of biking with 50lbs-70lbs of extra gear.
I must say, though, that by the grace and provision of God, we've handled these unexpecteds exceptionally well. Never, however, did it cross any of our minds that we'd have to cope with a hot-tub. The warmth, the jets, the relaxation.
As I'm sure you can imagine, it's quite an ordeal.
Pity that I am without the transfer cable for my camera, for it would be great fun to share some pictures with you all, alas, it is not to be.
Goodnight, I doubt many of you will sleep as well as I shall this night, and I doubt any of you were as wet as I was this morning.
-William

6 comments:

Jillian said...

Only one visit to the ER?! My goodness. One seems like plenty to me. What happened? Hope you all are well, enjoying my home state, and enjoying the horrors of the hot tub.

Brian said...

nos gustaga tus playa de web. es muy divertido y frequentamente peligrosa. mi esposa dice "William, only you would have the good sense to get the ER visit done with right away and not in Argentina. Good job. Unfortunately, knife slices are not included in Prvbs 20:30, at least not in my translation, so I'm not sure God will give you points for that one."

mientras tanto, en seattle, esta jovillendo y los estrellas no se habla. Mucho queso,
Brian0 y Eric@

Team Argentina said...

Ach, Comments! Such wonderful and easily overlooked things.
Jillian, I don't know you, but thank you for reading our blog and posting comments. I'll bet your a friend of Fernando's, and I'll let him know you're thinking of him.

Briano...
What to say? I miss you. That is an hillarious comment. And if I didn't inflict upon myself a "wound" I don't know what it was/is :).

Gracias por el update sobre las cosas de Seattle, te quiero mucho!

Jillian said...

I'm your neighbor, William! But certainly send my wishes to Fernando and Trevor as well, as I'm rooting for all of you. Glad you are finding such wonderful hospitality and beautiful scenery, and I'm wishing you guys a healthy & safe trip!

Team Argentina said...

Ahh, Jillian!
I'm certainly embarrassed not to have recognized your name...perhaps I can blame travel weariness. Thank you for the encouragement, it really really doesn't get old :).

Jillian said...

Not a problem, I figured it was just from being pretty tired, I'd probably forget my own name on a ride that long...