Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bye, Moms

During our fantastic, amazing, and divinely orchestrated going-away party (in which our dear friend Kelsey rolled out 19 pizza crusts, and all but two pieces were consumed), we took a moment to get the traveling men and their mothers together for a heart wrenching, tear jerking, group photo of wailing.
Ok, so they look happy. Happy to see their strange looking sons and, perhaps, ready for us to go? Well, if nothing else, I do believe they're ready for a release of all the anticipation and ready for us to actually hit the road.
And so are we!
Thank you to all you who made the going away party a smashing success, particularly Chris, Susannah, and Kelsey. Thank you for throwing such a wonderful send-off party for us!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Fernando and Brave Friends, Good luck with your adventure, have lots of fun and come home safely to Seattle. I'll miss dancing with you while you're gone but I'll be busy with my new little girl, Gabriela :) Take good care.

Bon Voyage -

Tango Hugs & Kisses,
Janice

Tina said...

Fernando! I am sorry I didn't make it to your going-away party. I will pray for you all while you're on your amazing journey, and I shall check back to this blog frequently.

Suerte!

Tina

Jillian said...

Good luck you guys!!! I was thinking about you,hoping you were having a great take-off! Actually met another cyclist who is biking down to San Fran in a week and a half. Who knows,perhaps you all will cross paths!

I second the suerte!

Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

The people want updates! Gory photos! The truth! The blogosphere is clamoring for more!

Ashley Ronnell said...

Fernando, did you steal that vest from the city of Seattle?