Friday, March 14, 2008

Cochrane and Ripio

The Careterra Austral is amazing. It´s a gorgeous and incredibly low traffic dirt road that stretches through southern Chile for about 1000km. As dirt roads go, it´s not great. It´s also not awful...most of the time. Is it worth it? Absolutely!

You should all be jealous, because last night Trevor, Felipe, and I got to share a leg of lamb that we roasted over our campfire by a beautiful glacier river in the mountains of southern Chile. It was many, many mouthfulls of delicious salty lamby goodness. God has fantastic ideas. Not only does he make things tasty, he suggests, nay, demands that we eat them. Thank you, God!

We´re in Cochrane, now, about 300km south of the largest city we´ll encounter in Chile, Coihaique. The road today was rough and difficult. I want at massage for my hands and my upper-back/neck. Surprisingly my butt has not been in any pain. PTL?

Love! And this time, flying kisses.
Will and Trev

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those flying kisses travel fast! And I want to see pics of Trevor's disease bump.

Brian said...

Trevor has a disease bump? As is often my reaction to news of Trev's bodily functions, I am at once both disgusted and intrigued...

Unknown said...

my mind does not go good places when it comes to disease bumps.... you remember i am in nursing school! Love you guys!