Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Torres Del Paine



Trevor and I just got to spend five days trekking in Torres del Paine national park, an amazing place. Now, we head up to El Calafate where we'll get to see the Moreno Glacier, one of the three or so glaciers in the world that is still expanding.
It is an amazing adventure that we are getting to embrace every day, and I am more and more grateful for it. We do seem to be getting frustrated with eachother more frequently than before, so anyone with good tips for what to do with that feel free. We are doing well, and getting to learn so much about what it is to travel with, work with, learn with, live with, and love someone else who is so close almost all the time. Good practice for marriage I imagine.
Yesterday, while riding out of the park, I was imagining what it'd be like if we got into a fight, and while I'm fairly certain that Trevor could thoroughly pummel me in the end, I'm certain that he would visit me in the hospital almost as much as my mom.

It's a little odd, but I really am grateful to all who keep up with this blog and what is going on with us. It´s nice to know that people care.

Love,
Will and Trev

11 comments:

BaileyDog said...

A little absence makes the heart grow fonder... but don't get lost in a national park by yourself.

Sarah said...

Bailey's right...it's amazing what a little time on your own can do for any relationship -- be it a friendship or a marriage! We love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

William, are you and Trevor geting married? I think I have a problem with that.
-Megan

Unknown said...

You have undertaken an HUGE endeavor. Travel is stressful. Travel is stressful. Ever heard of vacation stress? In this light Trevor and William have planned on several months of constant stress.

It seems to be human nature to maximize the reality of one's own difficulties, while minimizing what we imagine the difficulties of others might be. I can only suggest looking within when it seems like all you need to do to see the major irritant is look at the other guy. Isn't exercise often prescribed as a stress reducer. You guys should try and schedule some regular exercise.
Hmm?

Anonymous said...

Hi William! Joe & I are really enjoying your blog - you've got some incredible pics in there! My advice for traveling with someone is to avoid any and all conversations about maps. Our trouble always begins there...but that could be because I married a man with a degree in cartography. Why does he need my input anyway???? Take care of yourself (and your friend) - Debbie

Jolly said...

Just bottle up that stress. that's the only way to go. Stress is a natural carbonating process. So give it a couple weeks of bottling stress, then open it up and enjoy a nice, cold refreshing beverage South American beverage. Refreshing.

Unknown said...

...and, you two are without the comfort and security of home. That's a lot alot a lot of fresh air, and not much cozy time. a kind of chosen, temporary homelessness. So don't be dismayed, when theose rushes of irritation and visions of mayhem flood through you.

Some one once offered me this advice,
"whenever you experience negativity, within or without, just say 'thank you, God.'" You can try that if you like. Or counting to ten. Anything that delays or curtails something you'll regret,is a positive.

May you, William and Trevor, and Trevor and William, be well and at peace with yourselves and each other.

Hyathin said...

Not to say that you don't already do this (how would I know?), but I recommend praying together. There is something that happens when you move beyond yourselves together.

Unknown said...

Yeah! I love reading your blog! I have missed it, since i have been in Sri Lanka the last month, but i was happy to come back to all kinds of new info. Miss you guys and take care, there are a lot of people praying for you!

Brian said...

What you are going through sounds life amplification. The fun and adventure is really, really good, and the relational irritation, redness, and painful chafing is really, really bad! If you can indeed learn to appreciate the sheer awesome of this beautiful adventure, whilst "powering through the suck" as needed, you will have gained something so very valuable.

Your updates are so much fun to read, I love you guys!

carinna said...

How 'bout establishing a 1 or 2 or 3 hour "no-talkie" time each day? Or maybe you already have that when you're on your bikes. . . just a practical idea. . .

I TOTALLY read your updates! You're the third bookmark I've created on my new computer! (an iMac G5. . . whoah, dude!)

I miss you guys!